Confession: I was obsessed with Myspace surveys back in the day.
And by back in the day I really mean as recently as last year. I don’t even want to think about how many hours of my life have been wasted away sitting at the computer sharing meaningless facts about myself with… well, whoever bothered to read them. I know for sure I spent most of the extra month of summer vacation I got at the beginning of freshman year of college making one massive facebook note filled with zillions of such questions.
And a gratuitous awkward-freshman-in-highschool picture for your viewing pleasure. Laugh. It’s okay. I understand. Why I continue to willingly embarrass myself in front of all of you is totally beyond me.
1. What is your best friend’s Mom’s name? Catherine.
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? Weirdest? Hmm. I don’t think I have any particularly weird ones. I have a larger one on the left side of my waist that my mom was fairly convinced was cancerous (it’s not, don’t worry).
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? I’m pretty sure all of my male teachers have been over the age of 45… as in, not really attractive ;) Particularly not my physics teacher who dressed up as Wonder Woman for Halloween one year, fake boobs and bare stomach and all… (perhaps why I don’t like physics?). Actually, I guess the guy who led my outdoor trip was pretty adorable… though he was a Latin teacher and not MY teacher.
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Actually no!
5. What body part do you wash first? Shampoo my hair, if that counts…
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? Mmhmm, get a leg workout in while I’m at it ;)
7. What’s the strangest talent you have? I have a ridiculously long tongue. People make crude jokes about this even though it’s not really a talent… Oh, and I’m pretty flexible. Wow, that’s TWO awkward talents. I think awkwardness should be my strange talent…
8. Do you have an innie or an outtie? An innie!
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? I hate parallel parking because I never park in the city but I’ll do it. I absolutely hate city driving though…
10. Which shoe do you put on first? I think usually my right one but it mostly depends on which one I find first!
11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? Ha, no. Though I live rather dangerously close to some cows.
12. If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash? Bed sheets, probably? Gah. I don’t know. Both are disgusting.
13. What was your childhood nickname? Chatterbox. Oh. Um. Nikki? Some people still call me that.
14. When is the last time you played the air guitar? I think when my friends and I went on an impromptu walk to Denny’s at around midnight and sang the entire way there and back. Please note that we were completely sober.
15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? Not sure I could, positive I would not. Ew.
16. How do you eat your cookie? In dough form. ;)
17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? Yes, and I wear full make-up and a cute dress (I hate girls who do that… side note…)
18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. Make faces at myself in the mirror. Except sometimes I photograph it so I guess I do that in front of others too…
19. How often do you clean out your ears? Um, I don’t know?
20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch. I’m disorganized.
21. Do you have any strange phobias? Not really. But I’m kind of a fraidy-cat when it comes to movies and such. Like, seriously. I couldn’t go to the bathroom by myself for 6 months after reading the 2nd Harry Potter (I mean, I was 8, give me a break!). I distinctly remember my dad standing in the doorway of the women’s restroom at McDonald’s (ew) and talking to me while I went to the bathroom (thanks, Dad).
Where did #22 go? It probably ran away and joined the circus or something. Tempting…
23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on while you’re driving? Okay this is too funny I was legitimately talking about this with someone the other day… It’s a little disorienting but no, I don’t freak out. Nor do I recall a lot of specific instances of this happening…
So there you go. More useless facts about me than you can shake a stick at.
Answer one of these questions so I can pretend like it’s perfectly normal to share random information about yourself that nobody really particularly wants to read ;)
‘Fess up: were YOU a Myspace-survey addict? We can form a support group…