Somebody please explain to me how May is already 1/4 of the way over and I haven’t yet made new goals.
First let’s check out my tally from last month…
1) Excess spending. Win. I did have to pay for a couple of things last month (mostly those conferences) but they were mostly necessary, and I think I only went out to eat once…
2) Diet soda. Um… This was a mixed win & loss. Sometimes I was doing really well, I think I went 2 weeks without it, but then I got all stressed out and headed back to the bottle. So I’m trying that over again.
3) Physical activity… well, I’ve been improving, but mostly just doing weights and abs because I’m still a little afraid to run/go to the gym (I have a love/hate relationship with the gym and would prefer not to be obsessive about it, not to mention my general lack of free time…).
4) Fun things. Mmm, probably leaning towards the “loss” side… I haven’t exactly been out much. I honestly thought my life would be getting less hectic but that does not really appear to be the case. This week was a little easier, though…
5) Ha, have not TOUCHED photoshop yet. See general busy-ness of life, part 4.
6) I haven’t even BEEN on the puzzle site! But that was mostly a joke. ;)
7) I think I have my summer pretty much figured out though I haven’t nailed down the logistics. It’s looking like I’ll be at home for the first few weeks, then go to Florida on a family vacation (Disneyworld here I come!) then come back to stay around here for the rest of the summer working on research & possibly taking a summer course. Oh, and enjoying the sunshine, of course. ;)
Goals for this month:
1) Quit. Diet. Soda. I’m seriously going to do it, I swear.
2) Do a week without sugar. I don’t typically eat a lot of very sugary things, but I eat a lot of things with just a bit of hidden sugar, or more “natural” sugars that I don’t totally object to, but I’d still like to try a week without.
3) Survive this quarter. I’m done on June 9th. Wish me luck. ;)
4) Get back into running ~3 miles. If you have any motivation tips do tell me!
Other wins & losses?
Loss: These “cookies”. They were gluten-free and kind of awesomely fudgy but even crumblier than my last crumbly cookies… they were made with baker’s unsweetened chocolate & peanut butter, so they were incredibly dense and kind of awesome, but I shan’t share the recipe until I’ve made them a little more… cohesive. ;)
Win/loss: I finally did laundry & packed up some of the food I’m saving for the summer (I have meal points & can buy non-perishable items to save…).
The loss here is that I hadn’t done laundry in an embarrassingly long time. It’s kind of my least favorite thing ever. (Okay, it’s actually just one of those things I put off indefinitely because I’m dreading it, but it’s always a lot less painful than I think it will be).
What’s your least favorite chore? Any May goals?