Thanks everyone for being so supportive! :) I just have to plow through this paper (which I have been procrastinating intensely… to the tune of running 4.15 miles instead of writing it… I mean, I guess there’s a silver lining?) and then I will hopefully be able to post like a normal person this LONG weekend! In the interim, however, I have a guest post from the cutest-ever Meg from PinkGiggles all about her ingredients for a healthy, happy life. :) She’s kind of awesome & studying physiology in grad school and I’m a little jealous, which probably makes me a nerd but you love me anyways ;) Enjoy!!!
Howdy! My name is Meg and you can find me at PinkGiggles.
Thanks to Nicole for the opportunity for my first guest post! :D
I’ve been hooked on reading Nicole’s blog since I joined the blog world; once I saw that she bought a t-shirt with a neuron on it, I was sold. I admire Nicole’s commitment to a healthy lifestyle while being crazy busy and up her to eyeballs with school work. I can relate. I’m in my second year of grad school in physiology, and I spend far more time than I’d like to admit stuck in a lab being a mad scientist. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who goes to bed with negative time left in the day. Also, Nicole seems to like greek yogurt just as much as I do. These are very important qualities in making new friends.
I still think of myself as a newcomer to the blog community. I’m still finding my footing in the kitchen so to speak (feel free to think of me as Bambi learning to walk….that’s cute, right?), so instead of sharing a recipe for the oven I thought I’d share a recipe for life
Here are my ingredients to a healthy and happy life:
- Love. I was born 9 months less a day after Valentine’s day. (Yes I am a freak for calculating that.) Anyways, I attribute my (healthy) obsession with love to the fact that I was a valentine’s baby. I love love. Love for family, love for friends, love for that boy who is my partner in crime. I love things that are pink and/or heart shaped. I have often been mistaken for a 5 year old.
Most importantly though, is love for yourself. (By the way, did I mention how pretty you look today?)
- Sweat. I’m stealing this from Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers, but I’ve never had a workout that I regret. Whether it be a long run, some yoga, or talking a leisurely stroll outside, I make sure to find time to move.
- Jokes. I like to think that being silly is my forte. I am not kidding about being mistaken for a 5 year old. I’m still on the search to find a career that involves me giggling to my heart’s content all day long (If anyone has any leads on that, please give me a shout)
- Veggies. This one is a no-brainer, right! Food is fuel, and it’s good to think of it that way.
- Peanut butter and Chocolate. A modern day Romeo and Juliet if you will. Peanut butter and chocolate is fuel for the soul. The dessert combination of Gods. I need to stop writing before my keyboard is covered in drool. (Oops..too late)
Thanks again for having me Nicole, and to all of Nicole’s fabulous readers: I do hope to see some of your smiling faces over at my corner of the blog universe, PinkGiggles.org
By the way, What are your ingredients for being healthy and happy?
Sidenote: I ate a couple of cookies while writing this, to truly channel what was best for the blog. I planned to eat some carrots as well, but that didn’t end up happening :P Nicole’s addendum: I’m totally eating carrots while posting this for you (and that was before I read this!) so I gotcha covered ;)